Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July In The Garden

This is the time of year where my canner, the dishwasher, the washing machine, and our compost pile are all doing overtime to keep up with the onslaught of produce. I guess that make me a busy woman too! But first, some pretty flowers...


Red gladiolas by the back porch. I love these things and can't get enough!


Black-eyed Susans blooming their little hearts out.


A Tigger Melon blossom. I ran out of steam by the time I planted these and only have 4 plants growing...I'll guess we'll see what happens.


The Tomato Prison...protecting life, liberty, and the pursuit of salsa.


We are up to 132-135 lbs of ripe tomatoes picked this season. Hubby and I had a bet. I bet that we would harvest 90 lbs and he bet 120 lbs....looks like we have both lost and we still have MUCH more to go. Basically, we have grown an entire human being in tomato weight!


Cutie patootie Paris Market carrots. These babies are about the size of a ping-pong ball or smaller. Originally, I was going to pickle them, but I couldn't find a recipe that I was interested in, not to mention I didn't think that each one of these tiny things would need to be peeled. They are going to be roasted with my measly beet harvest for dinner tonight!


Happy parsley is happy!


Bush beans are growing. I am going to have A LOT of beans (god willing) this season.


A lovely visitor on some basil flowers. I haven't had to buy any basil this year for pesto!


My languishing Malabar Spinach. I'm not sure why this isn't crawling up that trellis like a wild fire. I've given them a boost of organic fertilizer a few weeks ago and barely anything..oh well, you can't win them all.

No comments:

 

design + development by kelly christine studio